So, possible change of plans! While I still am hoping to learn all that I can about Nicaragua, I don't think I will focus on that location for the medical side of my project. After researching the country, they really don't have that many health problems. That is great news to hear, but then unfortunately it doesn't accomplish what I was hoping to in the class. After talking with my dad, I have begun researching the situation that is going on in Somalia. There are 12 million people starving in that region of Africa. Unfortunately I can't feed them all, but hopefully through research I can learn about why the situation came about and how to bring awareness and help. It is such a big problem with all the political turmoil on top of the famine that I think people just tend to ignore the problem. So, I'm not going to ignore it. We'll see what happens!
No comments:
Post a Comment