I have 274 days before I leave high school, and I was given the challenge to do SOMETHING. Here's what I did.
Monday, September 19, 2011
Day 240
I've just been thinking a lot lately. With college, career options, and even just things this upcoming year, I have a lot of decisions to make right now. One thing I do know is how excited I am to work in medicine! Just the other day I saw an ambulance go by and I realized that I could not wait to be on the receiving end of that or in a hospital and really being able to help people. It just made me so excited to think of all the possibilities I have in the upcoming years. I've also been thinking about using that desire in the mission field. In Mountains Beyond Mountains, Paul Farmer is a doctor who devotes most of his time to serving in Haiti. He actually went there immediately after college and simply wandered around for about a year. He wanted to truly get a sense of the country and the people. Then he went to medical school and opened up a clinic that addressed all the needs he had seen during his time just roaming the country. I think it is so important to study the culture of where you hope to serve, as Paul Farmer shows us. If you know the people, then you can interact in a meaningful way and make a difference. I hope that God puts a place on my heart so that I can study it and really learn why it is the way it is!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment